Jack Walten is a major character in The Walten Files.
He is 42 years old, and 6'2. Although we have never seen a colorized image of him, it has been confirmed in the website that his hair color is brown and his eyes are black. His suit was said to be a dark red color by Martin Walls, and according to the website, he was last seen wearing it.
He was the founder (co-founder) of Bon´s Burgers, and went missing on the 11th of June, 1974, about 2 weeks before the opening of Bon´s Burgers.
He was born September 23rd, 1932. He is described as a hard working man and the happy father of 3. He had a seemingly happy life before the events of The Walten Files. He studied in "Cleary University" in Livingston County and graduated in 1959, on the same year he married Rosemary. He would later raise a family with her.
He was highly known on Brighton, MI. for his company "Bunny Smiles Incorporated" and his restaurant franchise "Bon's Burgers" which he was in the process of opening with his close friend, Felix Kranken.
One day, on May 2nd, 1974, while Jack was busy at work and his wife was busy taking Sophie to the dentist, he called Felix to ask him to pick up his two younger children, Ed and Molly, and bring them to a school party, then get them back home at 9 pm. Felix refuses at first, as, unbeknownst to Jack, that same day, Linda, now Felix's ex-wife left him because of his alcoholism. But when Felix hears it's about Ed and Molly, he agrees.
During the school party, Felix left the children on their own, and wandered off to the adult only area, which had a bar in it, where he drank excessively. Molly and Ed, after finding him, question his condition, but still had to go home, since it had already been over an hour since Felix was supposed to drive them home. On the way to the Waltens' house, Felix lost control of the car, killing both children in the crash immediately, and burying them in Saint Juana's Forest. Jack is heard near the end of the flashback sequence of BunnyFarm, frantically calling Felix dozens of times and berating him in voice messages, worried sick about his children who were supposed to be home hours ago.
It is unknown what happened between Jack and Felix after this night up until his disappearance. The fact that Jack went missing and is implied to be dead, however there is a possibility he is still alive. It is suspected that he is haunting the Bon animatronic and that Felix might have had a role in his untimely end, however that is unconfirmed and mere speculation as of now.
After his disappearance and the opening, his wife would go to the restaurant everyday hoping he would come back. But he never did. Bon (possibly possessed by Jack) lured her into the restaurant's backrooms and proceeded to violently attack and then dismember her, putting her remains in Sha´s body. The Shadow Man (possibly Felix?) caught him in this process, and Bon's Burgers was ultimately shut down for good.
Jack's personality has not been revealed all that much, since we have not seen much of him. He is described by others as hard working and a happy father. Martin Walls has said he is a good husband and father. However, though unseen in the series, Martin has mentioned multiple times in the TWF discord server that Jack has extreme anger issues, that he will get so angry that the only person who can calm him down is Rosemary. However, he is not abusive to either his wife or children, as confirmed by Martin as well.
Felix Kranken and Jack Walten are close friends who met in university. They bonded over wanting to start an animatronic themed restaurant and eventually their shared dream became a reality, making them both the owners and founders of Bon’s burgers. Their relationship takes a sharp turn when Felix got into a car crash due to being blackout drunk and accidentally killed Jacks two youngest children, Molly Walten and Edward Walten. Soon after that, Jack went missing.
Rosemary Walten is Jack Walten’s wife. Her and Jack show no signs of having a struggling marriage before Jack goes missing and Rosemary dies. Martin Walls has stated their relationship was loving and healthy.
- Jack Walten's appearance was based off of one of the founders of Atari, Nolan Bushnell. Bushnell was also a founder of Chuck E. Cheese, a popular children's restaurant chain that also featured singing animatronics.
- Jack is voiced by Martin Walls, the creator of The Walten Files.
- Both Felix Kranken and Jack Walten's faces are actually edited versions of the faces of the Atari founders.
- Martin Walls used his own face for Jack Walten besides Company Introductory Tape
- There is a website dedicated to finding Jack Walten.
- According to Martin, he is a very bad cook.
- Him and Rosemary enjoyed slow dancing together.
- His favorite artist is Rosemary.
- Him and Rosemary's favorite holiday is Christmas.
- In college, Jack enjoyed planning pranks.
- Note: these are not confirmed/canon nor are the creators of the wikis claiming them to be so, these are just some possible theories made up by the fandom.
- How Jack died is unknown at the moment, but people theorize that Felix could have killed Jack for knowing too much about the car crash in which Edd and Molly died.
- Another train of thought is due to the grief of losing two children from the hands of his friend, he may have committed suicide.
- After Jack went missing, he went on to possess Bon or Showbear